Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Still Kicking...

Just a quick note…
I haven’t updated the blog for about three weeks.  My scarcity of words simply reflects that nothing significant has transpired.  The last three weeks have been relatively unremarkable, which is what I hoped my summer would be.  I enjoyed a week at the beach with my family, and, for the most part, relegated all of this cancer nonsense to the far recesses of my mind.
I’m happy to report that I am free of pain.  The horrible effects of June’s radiation therapy are nothing more than a bad memory.  I definitely have a new appreciation for life without pain, and I hope to never again take it for granted.
I had my first experience at Johns Hopkins yesterday, when I went for an MRI.  I’m meeting with a new surgeon tomorrow to discuss the results.  I’ll write more in the next few days to let everyone know what’s going to happen next, and how the process of switching hospitals has panned out.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn...I am very glad to hear that you are free of pain and that you have enjoyed your summer. We think about you and pray for you often and hope that your second opinion at Johns Hopkins can shed some positive light on your situation. We love you, Greg and the kids dearly and miss all of you a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you've had a good 3 weeks. I was wondering how things were going.

    ReplyDelete